Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Letters from our Readers: Sleep Paralysis and Negative Entities

The Nightmare
The Nightmare (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
This letter was recently received by a reader of That Paranormal Blog and they have allowed us to share it with the rest of you. They are hoping to gleam some insights, suggestions and advice from anyone out there that can give it.
We will not publish the name or email of the reader out of respect for their privacy, however if you have any messages or advice please leave it in the comment section of this post and we will make sure they get it. Here's the letter in its complete and unaltered form, along with their youtube video link.


Hi there.

I recently had sleep paralysis for the first time and witnessed some kind of ominous dark shadow figure at the end of my bed. It just stood there watching me, and even though it was hard to make out exactly what it was, I could feel and sense with all of my being that it had nothing but evil intentions. it was the most terrifying experience of my life. All I wanted to do was get up and scream to get it away from me, but I couldn't say a word and I had no control over my muscles. My breathing was very shallow and tight. I was completely paralysed. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, it seemed so real, but I was very confused and startled.
 I'm a rationalist and a very skeptical person with no previous interest in paranormal activity, but after doing some research it seemed like there was a possibility that this entity is real. So many other people from all over the world report seeing the same thing and have had very similar experiences.

So I decided to set up my video camera and leave it running whilst I slept. I really didn't expect to find anything. It was more for peace of mind as I was still very shaken up by the experience and was finding it difficult to get to sleep with the fear of having this experience again. After scanning through the footage it seemed like there was nothing out of the ordinary, but I decided to have a look at the audio signal. I noticed a little raise in the audio graph a few hours into the filming so I looked at that part of the video. My heart stopped when I observed what seemed to be some kind of ghost or entity evaporate above my bed.

I have watched the footage over and over trying to figure out some logical explanation for what could have caused the image of what seems to be a ghost, but I haven't been able to come up with a solution. I am really starting to believe that I captured the entity I saw during my paralysis on video. This terrifies me so much that I can no longer sleep in my room. I have slept in my friends room since it has happened as sleeping alone is just too scary for me to deal with right now.

Here is the video. You are welcome to use it if you like, and I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

Thanks!

Ok readers, this is the link to the video, feel free to comment and let us know what you think. 

3 comments:

  1. Before I start I need to say something, I do not believe this video is real. One, to me the figure looks photoshopped in, and not very well. Two, no one sleeps with the light on.

    However,
    I do believe you went through sleep paralysis. While the reason you made the video is unclear to me, I will ignore that, because this is important so please pay attention.

    Sleep paralysis happens when the chemicals that your body produces to keep you from acting out your dreams, stays in your system after you switch into awake mode. So...your brain sends out a chemical, it stops your body from throwing punches and kicks, or running while you sleep. Sometimes when your mind wakes up, the chemicals have not left your system yet, So you are half asleep, half awake, and completely paralyzed. It is extremely scary.

    Now, when you are scared like this many things start to show up, just like when you are dreaming in your head, if you are scared scary things start to appear. Most people who see stuff see shadows blurry things, feel a sense of overwhelming fear. It happens to lots of people, It used to happen to me all the time, and until i understood what was going it was always very scary, and left me shaking for hours or days on end.

    If it happens to you, you need to relax and stay calm, it will be over soon, do whatever you can to wake up. Wiggle your fingers and toes, try to shake free. I am more than willing to bet that once you shake out of it, whatever you see goes away. Just remember you are not alone.

    Fair warning to everyone reading this: Lucid dreaming is a cause for sleep paralysis, if you are trying to have a lucid dream, please realize this can happen and like I said stay calm.

    For everyone who has not experienced it, Imagine if you will you wake up and can not move, you slowly start to realize that you can not do anything, an overwhelming sense of dread comes over you, shadows will be present most of the time, things that aren't there are a possibility as well. The only thing that comes out when you try to yell is a whisper, even you can barely hear. Whats even worse is when it happens with someone else sleeping with you. Imagine the fear of not being able to get the persons attention that is right next to you, while dealing with all this, it is excruciatingly scary.

    For anyone who wants to know more or needs someone to talk to about what happened, please contact me through Telekinesiszone.weebly.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this Josh!

      Delete
  2. Yes you do sleep with the lights on when your too frightened to sleep with them off. I haven't watched the video, I don" really believe I need to. Anyhow, I read and listen to alot of people trying to explain away sleep paralysis as some psychological reaction to chemical imbalances happening while sleeping. I dont go that route simply because the experiences I've had have always had a unnerving paranormal connection connection.

    ReplyDelete

Comments that are spam get deleted. For everyone else, thank you for taking time to give us your thoughts :-)

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...