Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Premonition of Richard C. Ryder

A photograph of a 2 month old human infant, hi...Image via Wikipedia
Our Loved ones are never very far away, even on the other side
The Premonition
A True Story by Richard C. Ryder
When I was a little boy, my sister and brother and I used to spend a lot of time with our grandparents. They lived on the coast of South Carolina, and it was always a lot of fun visiting them. My grandmother was the sweetest person you would ever want to meet. She always took care of us and showed us great love like every grandmother should.
One particular night when my father was out working on a detective case, all of us were in bed fast asleep. I was dreaming a very bizarre dream. I was dreaming that I was in a large, white room with no windows or doors. The room was brightly lit, yet there did not seem to be any light source. In the middle of the room sat my grandmother at a white table, in a white chair. She held her face in her hands and her eyes were closed… as if she were sleeping.
I was in the room with a childhood friend of mine. We walked around the room, searching for a way out. We just walked along the walls of the room, looking for seams but could not find any. I kept looking back to my grandmother, she did not move. My friend cursed several times because we could not find a way out. I quickly looked back to my grandmother because that was one thing you did not do in front of her… curse!
I was then awakened by my mother screaming and crying from her room. All of us ran into my parent’s room to see what was going on. My mother was sitting on the bed, sobbing. As we walked into the room, my mother told us children that she had just gotten off of the telephone with our Uncle, her brother. He had told our mother that our grandmother was found in her bed and that she had passed on.
At that moment all I could do was just stand there as if I were frozen. I could not move. My sister and brother had jumped on my mother’s bed and they were holding one another, crying. I could not move a muscle for what seemed to be an eternity. I was very young, and there was no reason for a little boy who usually dreamt of being Superman to have such a strange dream. Was this paranormal or coincidence? Was this my grandmother’s way of letting me know that she was not in pain, and that she died peacefully? I would like to believe so.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are spam get deleted. For everyone else, thank you for taking time to give us your thoughts :-)

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...