Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fear of a Small Child


Little Girl Looking Downstairs at Christmas Party
Little Girl Looking Downstairs at Christmas Party (Photo credit: cliff1066™)

Reader submitted true story:

Is it possible to imagine something when you were a very young child, and remember it still after 51 years with the same fear? Often when people's children get scared at night and the child tries to explain they seen something or heard something, the parent will often assume the child just does not want to go to bed and/or they have an overactive imagination. But did you know that animals and children have a very strong psychic link to the spiritual world? Here is one of my stories. It is true and after 51 years I can remember every detail about the experience and I still have memories of the fear.

My grandparents came to America by ship sometime in the late 1920's-1930's. They traveled from Sicily, Italy and came to America with strong Catholic beliefs and strict ways of life. My mother and I lived with my grandparents for a while when I was just a very, very young child. I remember grandmothers house almost to the letter and I have not been there well over 45 years. The house was a long brick wall, that was divided into separate homes. There was three stories and a basement in each home. I slept with my grandmother and her room which was on the second floor.

My first encounter with a spirit (which I did not know that's what she was at the time) was on the steps that lead up to the third floor. Every day, I would rush up to the third floor steps to sit with my friend (which by the way did not talk-she just listened). I remember she wore a cloak and I would just sit there talking about everything and anything without any replies from her. I wondered why she would never leave the steps to go downstairs with me, but being a child I did not give it a lot of thought.

One day I was getting ready to walk into the kitchen and I overheard my mother telling my grandmother about a young girl that was seen and disappeared upstairs on the third floor by someone my mother was dating. Grandmother refused to speak English, but somehow we were all able to understand her. There was no child in the home except for me and mother and grandmother were saying this back and forth. There was mention of a young girl who died up stairs from a disease-but to be honest I did not understand all of that and cannot remember seeing my friend after that conversation. For some odd reason everybody in the family acted strange towards me, almost like I made them feel eerie or something; so most of the time they just avoided me.

One night mother sent me to bed by myself and of course being a child that did not want to go upstairs in the dark by herself, I threw a child's fit. I still had to go to bed but at least I did not have to go up there by myself because my mother sort of dragged me up the steps. Anyway, my grandmother's bed was against the wall and to the side was the door. I was laying there waiting for grandmother to come bed which seemed like forever-so I kept a close eye on the doorway waiting for her.

All of a sudden I seen a shadow appear that covered the doorway and it looked like it had wings. It was a pretty big figure and it had a hand on each side of the door. I did not see any colors or features, just the shadow. I remember screaming but no one came to see what was wrong. The shadow did not move towards me but I knew it was not something I had seen before, I remember it scared me really bad. I was not the type of child that scared easily-but on this night I was paralyzed with fear. I remember pulling the blankets up over the side of my head that was towards the doorway, somehow it made me feel invisible or hide the fact a shadow was standing there.

I must have cried myself to sleep because I do not remember anything after that. The memories of that night has caused me to this day to sleep with the blankets covering half of my head so the doorway is blocked from my view, but only when I am alone. Was it a child's cry for attention? Was it an over active imagination? If it was, why can I remember everything as if it happened yesterday?

Author: WhiteOak50

WhiteOak Photography
Fine Art America Eva Thomas



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Comments that are spam get deleted. For everyone else, thank you for taking time to give us your thoughts :-)

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...